This time preferred to experience the train journey to Mysore from Bangalore and its very much suitable for a day trip to Mysore from Bangalore. Lots of trains available to travel to & fro on the same day and it took only 2hrs 50 Mins .
One day trip to Mysore from Bangalore
Mysuru , also called as Mysore is one of he Cleanest City of India . This Wodeyar’s dynasty is located in Southwestern Karnataka in India. It was the capital Kingdom from 1399 to 1947 and Mysore is one of the top tourist destinations in India.
Also known as the Amba Vilas Palace is located at the heart of Mysore City . The moment we enter and walk through the long corridors , huge pillars with fascinating colors , the fine granite corridors, staircase , stain glass windows, Durbar hall , Gombe Thotti ( Doll’s pavilion) paintings of different kings and queens, stunning domes , huge arches, wooden elephant decked with 84kg gold, rosewood ornamented doorways, Chandeliers, glass paintings , fascinating paintings on the walls and in the ceilings, octagon shaped kalyana mantap everything tells the tales of the Mysore Wodeyar’s dynasty and must visit during Dusara festival and on Sunday Night to witness the palace structure illuminated with 97000 electric bulbs
Entry Fees : Rs 20 for Adult and Rs 10 for Children | Entry Timings : 10AM – 5:30PM
Next we stopped at the Cauvery emporium to buy original sandal wood, soap, costumes and this place is famous for original Mysore Silk saree
Sand Sculpture Museum
Jaganmohan Palace / Art Gallery
One more Royal Palace in the city of Palaces and it was used as the retreat home for the Royal family and was used during the reconstruction of the old Mysore Palace. Later it was converted as an art gallery and named as Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery in 1915
This religious, historic and cultural river Island is located in Mandaya District and, 15 Kms away from Mysore City. Ranganathaswamy temple is the major attraction and once it was the capital city.
Brindavan Garden & KRS dam ( Krishna Raja sagara Dam)
With the influence of 80’s and 90’s movie songs filmed , it has become one of my must visit place just to relish the glimpses of those movie songs. It’s part of the day tour package and located in the Mandya District, lies adjacent to Krishnarajasagara Dam. Its spread across 60 acres and a good greenery place to spend an evening with family and friends.
Other Places to visit in and around Mysore
Bangalore to Mysore road journey
- Railway Museum (2.4 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Melody World Wax Museum (3.2 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- GRS Fantasy park (8 Kms)
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary (15 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Balmuri Waterfalls (16.1 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Somnathpur (35 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Talakad (47 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Melukote (52 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Chunchankatte Waterfalls (56 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Chamarajnagar (60 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Kabini Forest Reserve & Kabini River (64 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Bandipur National park (72 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Shivanasamudra waterfalls (75 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Sravanabelagola (79 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Namdroling Monastery – Golden Temple , Bylakuppe (90 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Nagarhole National park (92 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Cauvery Nisargadhama (92 Kms from Mysore Palace)
- Dubare Elephant Camp (147 Kms from Mysore Palace)
Other attractions in Mysore
Sandal Wood, Mysore Silk , Dusara festival and cuisines of Mysore.
Once we reached the Mysuru junction, lots of travel agency people approached us and we booked a sedan vehicle for 4 of us and paid Rs 1800 for one-day sight seeing. The biggest advantage was the driver is from Mysore city and he gave us lots of information and tips about all the places throughout the journey which made the trip even more pleasant and comfortable.